Re: Quran project

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:35:09 -0800 (PST), Nadim Shaikli
<shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- ridzuy at petronas dot com dot my wrote:
> > Dear Arabeyes maintainers,
> >
> > First of all, congratulates for your great project.  I really find
> > it very useful..
>
> Thanks for your humble words.
>
> > About the quran project, I think it has been idle for quite a while now. I
> > tried to contact Yousif, but no reply. I found from the page, the font the
> > he creates, ArabeyesQr, contain some problems, especially for Windows XP.
> > I've discover the problem and fix it, it is just that I'm not sure how to
> > contribute back.
>
> I will attempt to contact M.Yousif again (last I talked to him he was very
> busy in school, but he noted that he is fully committed and will _never_
> disappear on us -- his words :-)
>
> As for your contribution(s) the best thing to do is to attached your patches
> and/or changes as a bug to the 'quran' project on Arabeyes' bug-tracking
> tool [1].  This will guarantee that your suggestions/fixes will be accounted
> for and it will let you track how your modifications will be taken care of.

I'm the one to blame too because of the long idle status of the
project :-(. We're al quite busy very school.
About the changes that you have done to the fonts, they definitely
have to be submitted somewhere. It happend before that some work had
been lost because it was never submitted. I donno much about the new
bug tracking system. If you can submit data files there, you should
submit it. If this is not possible and there is no reaction from
Mohammed Yousif, send it to me then and I will placed one the CVS.

> > Also, I'm working on the quran data to be displayed with a browser. So far,
> > it works quite well. however, I only tested it using IE under XP. Firefox
> > does have some problem displaying arabic opentype font, so I don't not know
> > what to do with it. I've added audio support to the web page (again, only
> > for IE).

Wasn't someone working on the same kind of project too? Someone else
was also developing a browser based quran viewer with XML and XSL. I
thought Ossama Khayat, but I might be wrong. It is better to
collaborate with the developer of this project