Re: Unicode Help

zeeshan aslam wrote:
Hello

I am a student of BCS, right now confused at a point of the programming of C & C++.

My objective is: To copy the arabic text data (each character one by one ) written in one text file (MS Office Word) example Read.doc to the another text file (MS Office Word) example Write.doc

First off, study the Unicode book at http://www.unicode.org. Especially pay attention to the difference between characters and bytes. Your program copies bytes, not characters. Or rather, its a mix: you open your files in binary mode, but you use "getc" and "putc", which operate on characters. Different compilers might behave differently, since it depends on how you define "character". It also depends on what operating system you're on. It gets rather complicated.

I recommend taking a look at the GNU C library docs:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/I_002fO-Overview.html#I_002fO-Overview

also:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Character-Input.html#Character-Input

and

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Binary-Streams.html#Binary-Streams

If you're going to program at a low level you need to know all that stuff.

If you plan on becoming a real programmer, start learning emacs (my fav) or vi (lots of others like it).

Hope that helps.