Arabbix - genesis

Salam and hello everyone,

i want to restart the arabbix-issue. The purpose of this iso-cd is to easily show any linux-noob, what linux can do and what he can gain out of it.. For arabic users, the whole linux desktop should be held in arabic.

Sameer has put together a cd, which is based on marphix, as far as i can see.

My idea is to rebuild the cd from knoppix or kanotix (i favour knoppix).

In the first instance i would like to install the arabic language packages for kde, openoffice, firefox and thunderbird, and copy the arabeyes arabic fonts onto the cd. I see this step more like a test for myself. But i think, that with those packages we'd allready have the normal desktop of the "normal" user covered.

I've been looking into the discussion on doc about taking the wordlist of gnome as standard, but i think kde is for the normal user more useful because of the extensive package content and easier to learn (from a windows perspective). However, both knoppix and kanotix support (as far as i know) both kde and gnome, so there is no problem in including the language package of gnome too.

Any thoughts? Any "that-s-bull****"?

cya and salam.

Omar

[1]: http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/arabbix/doc/Dev-HowTo.txt?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup