Re: reading Arabic in a console

--- ghita tijani <gamor at gwu dot edu> wrote:
> I have been browsing the arabeyes page which provides a lot of
> product and resources for the Arabic language. What I need is to be
> able to edit both Arabic and english in a terminal or console using
> Linux mandrake (kde3.2). I dont need the menu to be in Arabic, I
> just want to be able to edit it. You have so many products that I
> got confused as to what I need for this specific purpose. CAn you
> please tell me what I need to download to be able to read Arabic.
> Thanls a lot for your help

Ghita, if you are looking for Arabic console support look into BiCon [1];
if you are looking for terminal emulator support look into using mlterm
with vim or emacs or mined or...  In all you should really go through
the 'Arabic Linux HOWTO' on Arabeyes' documents page [2].

Hope that helps.

I'm CC'ing the 'developer' list which you should use in the future for
further questions/queries.

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=BiCon
[2] http://www.arabeyes.org/docs.php

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs