Re: Python coders , wikipedia needs help

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
thank you for the quick response mohammad
> Not sure why a manual intervention is needed once
> automated.
im not sure , but i guess this is a part of wikipedias
policy ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bots

> > diffrentiate between REDIRECT articles and normal
> ones
> > , additinal functions may be needed , but this
> should
> > be enough for now.
>
> Please explain this.

some titles are just redirects , ie the same type o
articles that should be redirected , the contain one
line

#REDIRECT [[article name]]

if the article is a redirect , a new redirect should
be generated to the original article , not to the
redirect  , ie , redirects dont have a recursive
forwarding capabilty.

> > and btw , if any one is interested , do u prefer
> > discussing the issue on developper mailing list of
> > arabeyes or on the Ar-wikipedia mailing list?
> >

> I am interested (but I will need until sometime in
> the middle of next
> week before I can get on it). I prefer to keep
> discussions here as I am
> not subscribed to the wiki list (but feel free to Cc
> it if you like and
> we can keep Cc's in future correspondences).

ok ... :D
here is a couple of frameorks

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywikipediabot/
http://interwiki.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiGateway