Re: Fwd: [ xchat-Bugs-956606 ] LANGUAGE=ar xchat bug

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Munzir Taha wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 May 2004 01:14 pm, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > Who's doing bidi in xchat?
>
> Do you mean it's not a BiDi issue or what? Behdad please feel free to comment
> or correct any thing in the report, if any.

No.  I mean, which bidi code is it?  AFAIK xchat is a gtk-1
application, and gtk-1 does not support bidi.  It will have the
best implemented bidi framework as soon as it's ported to gtk-2.
So, as before:  xchat should not handle bidi itself.  bidi is
something up to the toolkit.

behdad

> > On Wed, 19 May 2004, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > > To the experts in BiDi and GTK+,
>
> Read as Behdad, karouri, Ahmed Khalifa, Nadim, ...
>
> > > please help by suggestions on this bug.
> > > It seems to be very simple but you decide.

--behdad
  behdad.org