CUPS testing - Without printer !!

it seems that nobody is testing CUPS !!
it works for me, but will it work for other people ??
i need an answer to that question.

we need people to test CUPS, as i said it would take
about 10-15 minutes, and im willing to help anyone on IRC
if you're anyone is having trouble setting it up.

you dont need to have a printer to test CUPS, the patch
is for the texttops filter, so all you need to do is generate
a .ps file from a utf-8 text file and inspect it with ggv/gv ...

give me a SSH account and i'd be happy to test on anyone's
machine if they're willing...
10 minutes people !!!
- download CVS dir (explained in the README)
- download patch
- apply patch
- ./configure && make && make install
- lp/lpr an arabic utf-8 file. or test the filter only(see below)

if you dont have a printer, you can test the filter only be doing the following: - goto the filter's folder + cd /usr/lib/cups/filter - generate the .ps file + env CHARSET=utf-8 ./texttops 123 user title 1 "" \ /path/to/in_text_file > /path/to/out_ps_file - inspect the .ps + ggv /path/to/out_ps_file

if you're having trouble with the .ps file, or it doesnt look
good, feel free to send it to me off the list, so as not
to bug everyone else with a useless 500 KB (average .ps
size is 300 to 500 KB)

ak.