RE: DocBook/XML to PDF Arabic support

From: Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org>

We need someone to take over this project and go head-on with it in
order to enable us to have all the options available for other languages
when it comes to making full use of DocBook/XML.

FOP is written in Java and so Java expertise would be a requirement. Any
takers?

i gave it a shot, but couldnt convert the HOWTOs on cvs to pdf. i wanted to work on a Java project though.

btw, for bidi in Java there is a class for it, no need for minibidi in Java :)
its --> java.text.bidi

if someone would help me get it working i would be able to then look at
the code. i converted .fo files with no trouble, but xml files need xsl files
and i dont know how to generate xsl, and couldnt find any on CVS.

someone else wants to step up ?

ak.