Re: Transliterated Arabic Input Method was Re: Arabize 0.1

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 01:04:39PM +0700, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> On Sel, 2004-03-23 at 06:40, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>
> > no problem from my side, I'll find free time to look at the code, and
> > it'll have a more intelligent algorithm ISA.
>
> is it GO or NO GO for this project ("Transliterated Arabic Input
> Method")?

I'm just stating my opinion here:
I don't think that turning it to an input method is the best idea ;)
I don't know how input methods work, but we may need to interprete 2
characters and turn them into 1 arabic letter, I don't think this'll
be possible with input methods.
And we are not really directly translating a -> alef, b --> beh,
there should be a smart way, untill we standardise it, I think the
input method won't be nice now!

--
-- Katoob Main Developer