Re: Arabic Shaping Support

--- Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net> wrote:
> Ok guys, with all my respect to all of you, but I don't like the attitude
> things are dealt with these days.  After what I hear/heard, if I'll try
> to add bidi/shaping to any projects, I'll take this away from here.
> I don't mean to be rude, But simply fighting ppl cause they used/are
> using fribidi/minibidi/fribidi shaping/their own shaping engine is
> something that I don't like to be done with any one "and sure my
> personality".

Mohammed, I agree.  I do think that once fribidi adds shaping all
of this will disappear (and hopefully that will happen any minute
now :-)  I understand Behdad and others' rational (doing it right,
not confusing developers, not providing half-working/broken solutions,
etc) yet I continue to see the need to forge ahead.  I'm of the opinion
that half-fixes are better than none given those half-fixes can be
disabled (or really fixed) later.  In short, its better to be fixing
things than sitting on one's hands waiting.

PS: I'm not saying this to reignite anything - just conveying a humble
    opinion which will be irrelevant come fribidi+shaping.