Re: ITL php code

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 03:35:01 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Omar Abo-Namous wrote:

>>> Not that it's possible, and it's pretty easy.  Just check out the
>>> PHP code and have a look inside extension/fribidi.
>>>

>> Sorry, i can't seem to understand you. It isn't possible??
>> which php-code do you mean?
>
> It IS possible to wrap the shared library in a PHP module, so you
> can call your functions in PHP.  By PHP code I meant the source
> code of PHP (http://www.php.net/).

yeah but that means contacting them to include it as a library into php or
perhaps just including it in the php-config file. But since most of
web-programmers don't have direct access to the server they are running at, i
think it's not a simple solution. I am searching for a runtime function that
loads an external c-library.
So far i got someone who was asking the same question on the
'general'-php-mailinglist who didn't get an answer yet..

Salam.

Omar