Re: debian/rules packaging problems

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> I think what we can do as a middle-ground solution is (and I would only
> do this for the next release though):
>
> - create one meta-package called xfonts-ttf-arabeyes which would
>   install xfonts-ttf-arabeyes-pack#
> - create xfonts-ttf-arabeyes-pack# meta-packages which would
>   install the specific packages, xfonts-ttf-arabeyes-FAMILYNAME
> - create xfonts-ttf-arabeyes-FAMILYNAME out of each release
>   tarball
>
> Does that sound reasonable? Again, since the ttf-arabeyes package has
> already been uploaded (not sure how long it will stay in the queue.. too
> slow!), I don't want to go back and re-do this for this 1.1 release. The
> next one (which should have harakat stacking support - should be coming
> soon'ish).

Makes sense to me (given debian is OK with all of this) and I will ISA
get a 1.2 release with shadda stacking in a week or so (the mods take
about 30 minutes a font and they are rather robotic).

As always, we continue to seek Font assistance - if you know nothing about
the topic that should not stop ya !!