bicon

Salaam,

The first alpha of bicon is live.
You can download the file http://www.geocities.com/malkarouri/bicon.tar.gz
,where you will find the 0.01 version of bicon.
Actually this is not a release, but te current working code.

What is already done
--------------------
* Problem of license solved
The offending code was replaced with code taken from the Python library, which
is GPL compatible. It as been checked.

* Initial use of autotools in the project
Autotools were used; they are now responsible for fjoining, fconsole and bicon,
and working successfully.

What should be done now
-----------------------
* We need CVS for it
* Somebody use a proper bootstrap instead of kbootstrap
* I already made an arab.kmap.gz. It should be corrected. And we need an arabic
font.

In fact, most needed things are mentioned in
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2003/December/msg00058.html
I confirm that point 1 in that message is done.

Wanna try it?
-------------
mkdir bicon;cd bicon
tar xzvf bicon.tar.gz
./kbootstrap
./configure
make

Now you have bicon in the bicon subdirectory..
Figure out how to use the keymap and font, as explained in README (still the
old one)

By the way, I am still more or less out of reach.

Please help in this project.

Regards,

Muhammad Alkarouri
MSc Telecommunication and Information Systems
RHCE