Regarding Language Support

Assalam o alekum

We are trying to add Urdu Language Support in live CD KNOPPIX ... I need to know where and what changes and what do I have to add in folders durring remastering procedure inorder to get Urdu displays...

We have added Urdu font file ( Nastaliq.ttf ) in various folders and set its path in file name XF86Config-4.in ... as a result of which it has started typing Urdu in kedit ... but it doesn't display menus of application in Urdu ... for example we have translated .po files of katmoic ( a game ) in Urdu and put it in /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES ... but instead of Urdu it displays ( ??? ) ...

This thing worked when I did the same thing in desktop linux ( Red Hat )... I translated yelp.mo and placed in /usr/share/locale/ur/LC_MESSAGES.. that i borrowed from ar folder ... i set the locale using emac/profile and booted using this locale ... it displayed the urdu message .. now when i have done same thing at this live CD ... it isn't working because arabic support is not there in KNOPPIX...

Can u please tell us the entire procedure from the scratch for locale setting so that I am able to display Urdu messages ..

Regards and Allah Hafiz...

Durrani