RE: putty can shape now..

i checked the unicode.org and read some of the doc's over there but i didn't know where is the doc. that talks about different fonts and way to represent them .. if u get the link please pass it to me so that i catch up.

this is what i found... the main unicode standard is here... http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/

this is Chapter 8 that talks about middle eastern scripts (including arabic)...
it explains Right joining chars and double-joining chars...
http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ch08.pdf

this is a machine-readable list of arabic chars and some info about each
like, its name and wether its Right-joining or double-joining....
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/ArabicShaping.txt

i haven't contacted Simon regarding this work;
but i think that we should work on the CVS thing first because CVS's Putty is old and experiemental. Of course we need to get a CVS account etc, Another thing is how to add the patch, should we add it as a source file and whoever downloads the code will compile PuTTy with the changed file, or by another way to present the patch ??

i think u should first ask Simon, and if he wants it as a patch, ask nadim about it...

Ahmad, the main step now is to get a technical doc. from simon explaining how we should include bidi and shaping in putty.

well, i think Simon's doc will only say where to put the functions, and not how they
should do what they do... so i think we should start working on the stuff while we
await Simon's answer...

i have a question for you...
did u change the code in pwrite() in any way..?

i think we should get VIM and look at its source, i glanced at it, and i think its arabic patch
has shaping code... we should look at that to get an idea of how shaping is done...

or maybe someone here is willing to tell us a little about it..??

ak...