RE: putty can shape now..

OKay, it is working.. now i can see arabic letters, no shaping no Bidi (yepie skipie) but
1. i have noticed that sometimes a '?' is showed instead of an 'alef'.. any idea ?
2. another thing, if i don't change the font to an arabic one from the Window->appearnce i can't
see the arabic letters.. guess that's normal i.e that's how it should work right?

1. well, this happens with me in linux sometimes... i just change the font and it works fine....

2. i dont know about that.... changing the font to arabic script is one of the reasons we have
to convert to CP-1256... so it was just a way to get it working, but i think there should be
another way without changing the script and without using CP-1256...
i'll look over at Unicode.org, to try to understand the difference between 0x0600 characters
and 0xd800 -> 0xd9ff characters and 0xfe00 or Form-B or whatever that stuff is...

any other notes i missed somewhere?
did u show it to PuTTY's author..? or did u know whats the next step...?

ak...