[Fwd: Re: [Libtextwrap-devel] BIDI support]

--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

(You may received this mail twice....)

From: Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com>
Subject: [Libtextwrap-devel] BIDI support
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:16:13 -0800

> My name is Anmar Oueja. I am a member of an online community that works
> on improving Linux support for the Arabic language. (www.arabeyes.org)

I know some members from Arabeyes Project since I am one of developers
of mlterm.

> One of the projects we are working on is translating the new debian
> installer to arabic. Unfortunately, the problem comes when we display
> the arabic text.

I am also a Debian developer.

> Since libtextwrap is one pipe all text is passed through, how feasable
> is it to add bidi support (using fribidi.sf.net library)

libtextwrap is not aware of bidi.  I don't know what is needed.
Since libtextwrap just finds a place to insert linefeed, I imagine
nothing is needed for libtextwrap, while text-windowing library
(slang?) will have to deal with bidi.

Anyway, if libtextwrap itself needs bidi support, I will need help.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota at debian dot org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/