Re: [putty] Broken Bidi in PuTTY

Jacob Nevins <jacobn+puttybugs at chiark dot greenend dot org dot uk> wrote:

> The behaviour when cat'ing the attached file (derived from
> testdata/utf8.txt) has definitely changed between 2004-12-02 and the
> current code; more precisely, the behaviour changes at r4964 (rewrite of
> getType()).

Ah yes, well done: the new getType() was precisely where the trouble
was.

> This file has a line which is predominantly LTR but contains RTL
> sequences (unlike the utf8.txt lines which are all predominantly RTL).
> We should probably add something like it as a test case.

Done.

Nadim: can you try tomorrow's snapshot and let us know if the
problem has gone away, please?

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "You may call that a cheap shot.
<anakin at pobox dot com>    I prefer to think of it as good value."