Re: [mule-aist:01306] Re: Fwd: Re: a software library for multilingualisation

Thank you for your interest.

Ossama Khayat writes:

> --- TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas at m17n dot org> wrote:
> [...]
>>   http://www.m17n.org/m17n-lib/demo/m17n-demo.html
>>
>> Please try it.

> Cool stuff! Not sure why the letter 'TAH' is not rendered.

The demonstration program used Cyberbas.ttf to render Arabic.  I
checked the font and found that TAH lacks the 'medi(al)' feature.  So
it must be a bug of the font, not of our algorithm.  :-)

I installed the Riwaj.ttf font for the demonstration program.  Now you
can see the TAH letter rendered correctly.

Munzir Taha writes:

> On Yaum al-Jumma 11 Rajab 1425 16:28, TAKAHASHI Naoto wrote:

>> I have confirmed that the original text sequence is:
>> ..., meem, sukun, alef with hamza above, fatha, laam, kasra.
>> I will check the rendering algorithm again.

> Looks like you understand Arabic and can check yourself. Why didn't you say
> this from the beginning? ;)

No, I do not understand the Arabic language.  I can recognise and
identify the characters and their presentation forms, but that is all.

... Well, actually I know a few Arabic words.  And I keep listening an
Arabic course on the radio.  (Believe it or not, there is a radio
Arabic course here in Japan.)

--
TAKAHASHI Naoto
ntakahas at m17n dot org