Re: Error compiling BiCon 0.20

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Ossama Khayat wrote:

> --- Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu> wrote:
> [...]
> > I said automake, not libtool.  Here is an excertp from 'info
> > automake':
>
> Oops ;-) I must have been sleeping when the I read the email :)
> Anyway, I'm trying to say that I do daily updates, and expect that sid/testing
> would have the latest software. I'll check again.

I don't do debian.  Non-issue on FC2.

> [...]
> > Oh oh, this one is not your fault.  Looks like (at least my
> > system) does not like layouts other than the ones installed on
> > the default (/lib/kbd/keymaps?) location!  If that's true, we
> > need to go for distribution-specific code :-(.
>
> I hope not. Can any one else please test???

Oh, now I remember!  We don't ship Xkb (X11) keymaps, we just
provide kbd (console) maps ourselves.  For Xkb, we just assume
that the system has keymaps itself.  What's the status of Arabic
keymaps in X11?  For Persian, it just works:  'ir' is included in
XFree86 for a long time, and now xorg.

--behdad
  behdad.org