Re: Arabic shaping in QT 3.3.x

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

[snip snip]

> 2- The Khotot fonts has the Class Definition Table (subtable of GDEF,
>    one of the Open Type tables) defined with a format of 0. The only
>    formats allowed (in QT, before the patch) were 1 or 2. But a format
>    of 0 is correct nevertheless.
>
> * What we can do:
>
> 1- 'Upgrade' Khotot fonts somehow, so that shaping would work with or
>    without the new patch ?

Youcef as you are aware I don't know much about fonts (yet I try :-) and
I looked all over to see where such a format (ie. the number) is defined
and didn't see anything - I then googled and got a massive headache and
gave it a rest :-)  So either I'm missing something totally basic and
simple (likely) or I need to reassign all the glyphs to different classes
in either case I don't know what the repercussions are and would much rather
not venture there esp since "a format of 0 is correct nevertheless" :-)

Again, we continue to need Font help and expertise -- if you are interested
in fonts (and are not even artistic since we have fonts we can salvage) let
us know.