XR11R6.7 and X.org release

Salam all:

I don't know how familiar are you with Xfree86 history. Today something big happened with respect to Xfree we all use and love: X.org forked the 4.4RC3 release and is now hosting it for the entire community to start working on using the old license. Basically, this is the new X we are going to see in almost all new distros and upgrades.

Why is this big news ? Well for the first time since the existence of Xfree, we are going to be able to influence alot of development decisions and maybe even get some of our developers CVS write access.

Why is that important for us? well since Arabic depends on BIDI, we need to start telling X.org what we need for full Arabic support:

Here is what I think we need:

- Xterm support for Bidi+shaping (hopefully using the new release of fribidi) (need the URL for the patches if you know them)
- Xfonts should have a complete set of Arabic letters in their fonts (nadim, I think you are the one to give us specifics on this matter)

These are the only two I can think of, please do think about more and add them to this thread. Once we are happy, we will find a liason between us and X.org to make sure the next major release of X.prg X server has these features.

You feedback is greatly appreciated.

Anmar