Re: BSD license problem of BiCon was non-issue

From: Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk>

On س, 2004-04-03 at 08:57, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > - The PuTTY project needs to use BiDi code (equivalent to Fribidi) but
> > does not want to use it as an external library (technical issues).
>
> The whole point is that it's not a "technical issue".  I would
> have been more than happy to change the FriBidi's license if it
> was for techinacl issues, but it's more like personal
> preferences.

These days I am in a 'full decency mode' so I tried to skirt that. But
yes, it was for personal preferences, and hiding it does not help the
documentation.
For Nadim: I am aware that PuTTY+BiDi is solved now. I was thinking of
putting this on record, on some corner of the wiki, as a reference case.
We do need more legal-aware hackers, IMHO.

> Granting PuTTY an exception does not work, because it means
> people basing their work on PuTTY can not use it.

Yes. I thought so but i wanted to make sure.

> > * PuTTY write their own code.
>
> It's easy to say this, but I wait longer for them to see it's not
> so easy...

Time will tell, but it is not a legal issue.

Muhammad Alkarouri

so u both think that what i did was wrong ? enlighten me...

ak.