Re: Help needed for Project Arabbix

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 11:46:44PM -0700, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> Hello Mohammed:

Hiz!

> hope all is well with you.  Sine you are the katoob man and katoob is a
> GTK tool , I got two needs I would like you to help me with:
>
> 1) katoob is dependent on libpspell4. How easy is it to make it depend
> on libaspell5 (Debian package of katoob 0.35 does not install on Debian
> unstable. a.k.a sid ) because it does not have that library in its
> repository . Debian sid uses Libaspell5. Please let me know. I would
> really like to include katoob in Arabbix (live CD similar to KNOPPIX)

hmmm, is libaspell5 aspell >= 0.50 ??
I didn't find libaspell5 in my apt-cache.
if so, simply rebuild the debian package with dpkg-buildpkg -rfakeroot
and the configure script'll test for aspell 0.33 and if not found, It'll
test for 0.50 and use it if it's there!

> 2) There is an application for Arabbix that installs the entire CD on
> your hard disk. The author is lazy so I can not depend on him for
> help.the problem is that he made the app using C and Glade (it is a GTK2
> application) now there are no .po files in the po sudirectory. There is
> only one trans.c file in the root of the project folder.  I have tried
> generating the .po files but I could not.
>
> I used xgettext and intltool .. nothing... zip zilch... nada... I really
> appreciate your help since you have done lots of GTK / GNOME apps
> developemtn. All I need is the .po files. I will send you the tar ball
> in a couple of minutes

Sure, I'll have a look at it now and tell you about any progress :-)

> Please email me if you need any clarifications ......:)

No please, Just order ;-)

--
-- Katoob Main Developer