Re: Arabbix Update

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> Well after downloading a few gigs of ISO's from GNOPPIX, KNOPPIX, and
> MORPHIX I decided to base all future developement work on MORPHIX
> (morphix.sf.net).
>
> Before I explain why I chose MORPHIX, here is my criteria I used to
> evaluate each of the CDs:

Sounds good to me.  A couple of people (on IRC) have noted interest in
wanting to help and even asked what needs to be done ASAP.  Anmar, if
you have a list of actions (the more detail the better) which you'd
like to farm out to people do please make it accessible and public.

As far as I know there is a rather hard deadline of Sept 30 that we are
working under and so the sooner we get this done the better we all are.

> 2. relatively smallish . Knoppix is close to 700 MB . MORPHIX is 440 MB

As long as it fits into a single CD that is fine with most.  The point
here is not to cut corners where corners are not to be cut (ie. all that
is semi-interesting ought to be included).  I know Anmar is fully aware
of this, I'm just saying this for those doubting we are moving in this
direction.

> 5. The community is active and willing. That says alot about the future
> of this live-CD :)

An active community willing to assist is key - make sure they are aware
of our plans and see what pointers we might get from them so as to avoid
any pitfalls (again, we are on a tight schedule).

Salam & I can't wait to see the wheels finally churning on this.