Re: [Fwd: Re: libvte and Arabic language support]

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> Well i used mlterm and it is annoying is the way it does not keep
> everyting fixed (cells) so when you do "ls" you get mismatched colums
> which makes things harder to see.

I think you have a misconfigured mlterm.  The point was noted in the
email to "whether having a terminal emulator is a good thing" and I
was merely suggesting that pointing out that others have done might
encourage the author to go down the same path.

> I guess we can not have it all. A better alternative is to package
> mlterm so it is ready to run arabic out of the box along with fonts,
> setup and docs (can you say packaging project)

Agree 100% - I think Ayman had noted that he will contact Debian about
having them package an 'arabized_mlterm' package.  Not sure if anything
come of that idea, Ayman ?