Re: Katoob does not recognise ar_EG.UTF-8 locale

Mohammed Sameer wrote:
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:01:03AM -0700, Anmar Oueja wrote:

Hello Mohmmed:

Hi,

in Arabbix 0.6 (to be released very very soon) katoob is not switching to arabic when i use ar_EG.UTF-8 . could you please commend why . It did when used ar_IN ?

That's strange! Is this happening with katoob only or with any other app. ??

Yes. Currently, Openoffice, xchat, gaim ...etc all seem to recognize this locale for arabic.

Is there anything i can do to fix that... I can not change the locale so my fix will have to be on katoob package itself.

What's the locale you are using ??

the locale is ar_EG.UTF-8

what's there in /usr/share/locale/ ?

There is ar and LC_Messages inside of it if that is what you are asking.

and /usr/share/locale/ar ??

sadely I can't wget arabbix as I'm using dial up !

The funny thing is that it worked once. Any help is appreciated as we are rapidly approaching dead line tomrrow night.

Thanks

Anmar