Date: 26 نوفمبر, 2003 10:34:41 م
Subject: Re: Prayer Time

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 15:50, hashimbasha at hotmail dot com wrote:
> i got the KPrayer time code but i did not try to look :)
> it is better for me to re-implement the program with Java stealing the
> algorithm from the documentation than understand the c++ code and start the
> Java one.
> the doc's will shorten the path :)
> if the doc's is not available i have no choice.
>
> about j2me, ;) you are welcome Mohammed.
>
> Ahmed Hashim

I'm telling you that, the algorithm is much more complex than the code
or at least was for me :-)
Plus, you will have to reimplement most of it anyway (Qt/KDE stuff and
javax.microedition.lcdui.* for example are _very_ different)
You might also want to check this out:
http://www.synclast.com/developers.jsp
It provides an emulation of MIDP version 2.0 that works on MIDP 1.0
phones and devices and also provides a UI api that's much more better
that the standard lcdui built on top of the low-level user interface (i.e
javax.microedition.lcdui.Canvas class), it looks really beautiful and the
best of all is that these are OPEN SOURCE!
http://www.synclast.com/ui_api.jsp

--
Mohammed Yousif
We _will_ restore OUR Jerusalem.