Re: FreeHijri

Hello All,

Dr Fayez ALHargan is manager of Computer and Electronic research Institute
in King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology and he is buld hijri
engine, he said about this topic:

{
In practice all Muslims countries use a civil  Lunar calendar, the only
country which uses the Hijri Lunar calendar in official dating is Saudi
Arabia.  Therefore, for most of the countries  the  Hijri Lunar calendar
is of  limited use. The calendar determined by sighting is an impossible
calendar, because sighting is undeterministic, even if the  Moon is high
above, if the sky is clouded  it cannot be seen.
My suggestion is to implement the Civil Calendar  for  each country,
i.e.  build a library of routins that computes the available  Civil
 Hijri  Calendars, we can start with the Official Saudi  Calendar  Umm
Alqurah  Calendar, which is used by the Gulf States and Yemen, and other
country can  send in their routins to be included in the Library, which
will be GPLed.

Best regards
Fayez Alhargan

}