The Red Hat Project?

Hello, every one..
After the announcement by Red Hat that their low-end distribution will
be more in the open source spirit, wouldn't it be more useful if we
contact them and offer to help in arabicization (localization to
Arabic).
I have used Red Hat for some time and I know that many people use Red
Hat so they will welcome Red Hat support for Arabic (not to belittle
Mandrake or Hayder Linux, and I am not that sure of the situation in
Debian).
I have some experience of Red Hat Linux (6.2  to 9), relatively good C
programming with little perl, some python, and some network
administration experience and no much use of cvs. And I am a newbie at
Arabeyes. So I suggest that some one experienced be the coordinator and
I will support him as much as I can (may be the good folks who supported
Mandrake?).
If no other person volunteers, and if no body tells me this is a bad
idea (and why). I will give up and try to coordinate this myself as a
project under arabeyes if possible (soo bad;).
As for the situation in Red Hat Linux as far as I know:
As a policy, Redhat does not distribute very new packages, so it will
take some time before OpenOffice 1.1 will get into the distribution. The
same goes for the last versions of KDE,GNOME etc..
Red Hat usually does a repackaging of KDE and GNOME which changes many
things to satisfy users. As they are not especially keen for Arabic
users, the support in these packages usually gets lost or at least
hidden somewhere.
I am actually now using Red Hat 8 with some Arabic working (actually Red
Hat 8 with KDE 3.1.2 and OpenOffice 1.1 Beta2 installed). Some of us
will need more packages, at least a newer Vim maybe..

Any Suggestions?

--
Muhammad Abdulmuneim Alkarouri
Teaching Assistant