Re: downloadable beta of quran search

Salam Ahmed,

I looked at your source code. I saw you created a completely new quran application. I hope you checked the source code of libquran (and the clients QtQuran and GnomeQuran). The phonetical has to be implemented in search.c of libquran. As you see in the source of search.c, I placed there some comment for you a week ago.
Your code looks good. You have done a great job :-)

Maher

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Ahmed El Helw" Subject: downloadable beta of quran search Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:27:10 GMT

alsalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuh.
here is a temporary webpage for the quran phonetic search...
the source code is not very commented (yet) -- but please give
me any
suggestions...

i know the search can be improved some and i have some ideas...
but..
also, please please please someone look at Surah #46 ayat #13,
that has
to be fixed... the arabic is incomplete....  we really need to
make sure that
at least all the text is correct and present, because i think
that even as
developers, we have to ensure that the Quran remains in its
original unaltered form.

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte440v/qsearch.html

please send comments to the list or to the email included in the
readme file.
jazakumAllah khairan.
walsalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuh.

Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon met Hotmail SMS http://www.msn.nl/jumppage/