Re: Downloading and compiling projects

Thanks for the quick response.
I tried using ./autogen.sh but still it gave
me errors!
Isn't there any extensive help on this or more
information. Or do I have to read A LOT till I
can manage to do it my self?

thanks,
Ossama Khayat

Anas Nashif wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 14:02, Ossama Khayaat wrote:

Assalamou Alaikom,
I really need help in the following issues.
So far, I tried so many times to download the test
the source from the projects that we have like
katoob, libquran, akka.
I really feel i'm either stupid, or miss something!
As far as I know, when I download the source, I
will find the configure file so i can:

# ./configure
# make
# make install

Well, I find only configure.in and when I try to run
it, it says permissions denied. So, I suppose it's a
permissions problem and use:

You have to bootstrap the source first.
Normally this is done with make -f Makefile.dist
or
make -f Makefile.cvs
But some projects also provide a script for that, i.e.
./bootstrap
or ./autogen.sh

Anas