From: Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at myrealbox dot com>
To: developer at arabeyes dot org
Subject: Re: Quran license - (GNU Free Documentation License may be the one)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:26:03 +0300

Have you seen the GNU Free Documentation License. It complemnents the GNU
General Public License. Its purpose is to make written documents "free" and
assures everyone the freedom to copy and redistribute with or without
modifying it. Translation is considered a kind of modification under the
terms of the license. I think it's very suitable and better than reinventing
the wheel.

> On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 08:42:07PM +0000, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> > This is why I'm thinking about writing a custom license for distributing
> > the XML files as I don't seem to be able to find a suitable license.
---
Munzir Taha,
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia