Re: itl CVS changes & Qs

Thamer Mahmoud menulis:
Nadim Shaikli writes:
> > We also need to reach minor consensus on how to spell umm-alqura
> (or om-alqura or ??) -- does the organization itself note what
> they spell themselves as in english ? We also need to settle on
> how to spell Mekkah (or is it Mekka or Mecca or ??). It would
> be nice to be consistent and correct.

I just did a google search on this and they seem to always refer to
themselves as "Umm al-Qura University". From now on, I'll be using
that.

As for Mecca vs Mekkah, I prefer Mecca because it's in the
dictionary. ;)

I think it should depend on language. if wiki in in english, use "Mecca" if in Arabic, spell it as how arabic spell it. and if it in Malay, it should spell "Mekah"

some times i also wonder how come some name of place is translated and the rest id not.

in Malay, we call Egypt as "Mesir" , Saudi Arabia as "Arab Saudi"

-- Hasbullah Bin Pit (sebol)

"Fiber optic tu kecik, kalau kita letak high speed internet 312 Kbps tu,
 nanti fiber tu pecah." -  1-300-88-9515