Re: Arabic Fonts and X Server crash on mandy 9.0

 --- Munzir Taha Obeid <munzirtaha at myrealbox dot com>
wrote: > On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 21:10, Mohammed Gamal
wrote:
> >> Salam everyone,
> >> I downloaded all the Arabic fonts from the CVS
> and
> >> installed them on my Mandrake 9.0 box using
> drakfont.
> >> The X server crashes and refuses to start for no
> >> reason
> I am using Mandrake 9.1 and have installed all the
> Arabeyes fonts without any
> problem. Now, Mandrake 9.2 is knocking the doors. If
> you can afford
> downloading it and testing for any Arabic bug this
> would be great.
>
> >mmh! that is a very common problem with mandrake[1]
> Even in 9.1?!!
>
> >[1]mandrake is very very flaky indeed, i do not
> know why would any one
> >support it.
> Walid, will you please help by making a list of all
> the bugs in Mandrake? I
> will publish them in the distro page and will do my
> best so you won't see any
> of them by the next release.
>
> --
> First law of thermodynamics: "You can't get any more
> energy out of a system
> than you put into it."
>   __/    __/          _/  _/  _/
>  _/ _\  _/ _\            _/
> _/    \ /   _\ unzir    _/ aha
>
> Telecommunications Engineer
> Linux Registered User #279362 at
> http://counter.li.org
> CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS.
> New Horizons CLC
> Riyadh, SA

Salam everyone,
OK, now did anyone find the solution for my problem. I
searched all the log files and I find no errors at
all.  I tried to run xinit command, it works fine but
the X screen is completely black and no window manager
works.  I need to get started with translation but I
can't because of this problem (Unfortunately, I can't
do anything with my Linux CDs because someone borrowed
it from me but didn't return them back and now he is
on vacation somewhere far away :-(     )

=====
Mohammed Gamal
Member of "ArabEyes", Unix/Linux Arabization Project
GUI & documentation translator
http://www.arabeyes.org