From: "Haydar Net"
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: Quran audio files

Salam,
Maher, I have only files of saeed_khayaat, and downloading now the files
of ali_hafizy but i don't know if ali_hafizy files are encoded with
speex or just wave files.

I didn't know of the existance of these files too, until Elzubeir told me They are encoded in Speex as far as I remember

Ossama, We have began with a web site time ago when the project was
started at "http://forum.haydarlinux.org/viewthread.php?tid=49"; but
nobody could finish it, if you want i will make a public ftp account for
it. the web site is at "http://program.quran-science.com/"; and i will be
happy if there is someone wants to build it :).

Salam,
Haydar

Ossama Khayaat wrote:

Thank you Haydar and Maher for replying. Actually, it would be better if

we can put them in some FTP site, so it becomes easier for me to continue
uploading the file, since the CVS access is harder because of the proxy
(unless one can help me in connecting through the proxy).

I was actually also thinking of encoding the wav files again with the

latest speex version 1.0 instead of the beta. Can any one help or suggest on
weather the Qur'an program will be able to read the files or not?

Jazakon Allah Khairan

Ossama

Maher Ben Moussa wrote:

Cool, but did you include the sound files of Ali Hozaify that can be

found in
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34866&release_id=14789
4 in CD 2 too?

It would be cool if they can be uploaded to the FTP of Arabeyes.org, but

therefor we need the permission of Elzubeir.

Ossama, where do you want the files to be uploaded too?

Maher