Re: gVim Windows binaries updated to 6.1.464

Steve Hall <digitect at mindspring dot com> wrote:
> gVim Windows binaries updated to 6.1.464:
>
>    http://cream.sf.net/vim.html
>
> o Updated to official patch 6.1.464 and current runtimes.
> o Includes synched patch for Arabic support by Nadim Shaikli (v1.19).
> o TCL stub resource (tclstub83-bor.lib) by Dan Sharp
> o +ruby/dyn
>
> The usual warnings apply to the installers: use at your own risk but
> feedback appreciated.
>
> --
> Steve Hall  [ digitect at mindspring dot com ]

Cannot open file for writing: C:\PROGRA~1\VIM\vim61\gvimext.dll
[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]

My previous gvim had been fully closed (:qa) prior to downloading and
installation. In the dos box, I cannot rename gvimext.dll either (Access
denied). I clicked [Ignore] and let installation proceed to an apparently
successful termination. "Edit with gVim" seems to work with text files, but
IIUC it's using the gvimext.dll that came with gvim 6.1.452 or earlier (ver
1.0.0.1 dated 29 Mar 2003). I wonder if and how a dll that has right-click
menu items in Explorer can be upgraded.

Tony.