Re: [Cooker] Contrib: katoob

<embedded reply>
<snips>

My Inbox Happily Received This From Han Boetes @ Sun, 6 Oct 2002
05:28:55 +0200

> Mohammed Sameer (Uniball at gmx dot net) wrote:
>
> > thanks for offering
> > attached the spec file
> > i'm sure that it'll work fine on 9.0 but i don't have any ideas
> > about future versions
>
> Decent work.

thanks for info.

> You forgot the BuildRequires:

thought they were not necessary ;)

> [~]% rpm -q libgtk+-x11-2.0_0
> So the BuildRequires for gtk+2-devel would be:
>
>   BuildRequires: gtk+2-devel >= 2.0.6
mm
I'm afraid i didn't understand exactly those, though i do understand all
the switches for rpm!

> You can also apply the same trick to the specification of the
> Requires: So that would make the spec more flexible to future
> versions. If you know your app would also build fine with older
> version you can choose something less specific. So the srpm can be
> build on older releases.

i think it should build on all gtk 2.x
but since mandrake is shipped with 2.06 and the spec is for mandrake 9.0
+ i made it >= 2.0.6

> You could replace this section:
> With:

done it.

> You can look at /usr/lib/rpm/macros for further more specific macros.
>
> Last but not least: Use rpmlint -i to double tripple check for any
> errors.

rpmlint -i
W: katoob invalid-packager Mohammed Sameer
W: katoob invalid-buildhost localhost.localdomain
E: katoob no-signature
i think those are because that i'm not a MandrakeSoft developer, this'll be fixed when a MandrakeSoft developer will rebuild it?

W: katoob file-not-in-%lang /usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/katoob.mo
W: katoob file-not-in-%lang /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/katoob.mo
didn't know how to handle this?

btw: i've changed the release to 2mdk.
attached the spec file

--