Re: katoob does not run!

--- Amir Bukhari <ufz6 rz uni-karlsruhe de> wrote:

> Good news, I got katoob & vim to work with exceed 7.0;
> here I will try to declare how do you do that:

[snip snip]

Wonderful description - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  Please keep
this kind of info coming and keep helping/educating us :-)

> virtual keyboard I can not find dal and jem and thal and kaf and all key
> am the right section of the keyboard . this keyboard map I can email it
> to the list, if it this allowed

Odd - there is nothing special with those keys,

 dal maps to ]
 jem maps to [
 kaf maps to ;

> read the installation from vim, there is no addition to let it work with
> eXceed, only I can not use exceed
> keymap, I can only use keymap from vim which elso has the above problem
> with me.

You might be having problems with your keyboard - I don't really know what
to say.  Are those keys mapping to something special within Exceed ?

> >In passing, you might also see if you can view any arabic when you
> >"cat" an arabic utf-8 file within mlterm while using Exceed.
>
> I have not install any arabic Xterm, could you describe it, if it easy to
> install it.

Yeah, its really really simple.  There have been a number of posts on the
subject on this mailing list -- you'll need to download both fribidi and
mlterm (fribidi.sf.net & mlterm.sf.net).  Do a search on arabeyes on the
topic.

Salam and do please stay active !!