Re: katoob does not run!

My Inbox Happily Received This From Amir Bukhari @ Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:22:09 +0100

> hi,
> I am a new user, who want to let his linux talk arabic. I am using
> Debian 3.0 woody and I have compiled katoob without any
> problem but when I run it I receive this error:
> ** (katoob:372): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back
> to "Sans 10"
>
> ** (katoob:372): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back
> to "Sans 10"
>
> ** (katoob:372): WARNING **: All font failbacks failed!!!!
> ---
> what that means?

Gtk tries to load the sans 10 font "this should be guaranteed to be present on all system" but it can't find it
what happens after that ?
a segfault ? or what ??
this happen when you start katoob or during your work with it ??
i think you need to install arabic fonts!
this happen only with katoob or with other applications ?

i need more info. plz

--
-- Katoob Main Developer