Re: Fwd: Yudit-2.7.beta1

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 17:09, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Could we get some first impresions of the work Gaspar has produced ?
> Walid/Others ?

That was my quick test, Total time 5-15 minutes, more reviews later next
weekend hopefully :

See a screenshot @  http://melinux.com/arabeyes/imgs/yudit-beta.png

There was only source package at the moment installation was done
without qt and motif add-ons,at least thats what I intended to do.

1. Get the the latest version of yudit-version-src.tar.gz from :
 http://yudit.org/download/yudit-2.7.beta2.tar.gz

and untar it with :

    tar xvfz yudit-version-src.tar.gz

2. run the famous  installation trio :
 ./configure

"if you want you can take a peek at the Makefile, and change it for
optimizations, but I did not as its still beta software, and I prefer
test generic config."

 make
sudo make install or su to root ands run make install whatever floats
your boat

then  run it /usr/bin/yudit

First impressions are good :
It knows about my intelimouse :)
from the buttons bar I click on the one that says straight, and select
Arabic, press ok, nothing happened !!!
press the arrow key, and voila, Arabic is selected, but it looks like I
do not have the fonts required as usual

At that stage download Saudi Fonts from
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/3rd/kacst_fonts.tar.bz2
unpacked them, and then moved them to ~/.yudit/fonts

then edited ~/.yudit/yudit.properties adding the following lines :
yudit.font.kacst=KacstArt.ttf,KacstDecorative.ttf,KacstPoster.ttf,KacstTitle.ttf,KacstBook.ttf,KacstDigital.ttf,KacstTitleL.ttf

yudit.editor.font=kacst

yudit.editor.fonts=default,TrueType,Misc,JP2000X,JP2000T,kacst

restarted yudit again changed to ArabicKeyboard from the button bar menu
it worked

Wa Salam

Walid