Re: PuTTY links (was Re: next step.)

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 01:51:45PM +0200, alsayed wrote:

> [...] then i had gone to
> http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/putty/WINDOW.C and found
> that you had moved some code  to display.c ("moved display related
> functionality from terminal.c to display.c") as u mentioned .
>
> then in diplay .c SetTextAlign(und_dc, TA_TOP | TA_LEFT | TA_NOUPDATECP);
> is still as it was , so you mentioned in your first post that " The right to
> left display was accomplished by simlpy reversing the input data before
> displaying. The letter shaping is courtesy of Windows. Still experimenting.
> _Some_ of the issues that remain to be addressed:"

That expirement simply changed X cooridnate of displayed chars to be
SCREEN_WIDTH - X . This forces chars to appear from right to left. It was an
experiment only to capture some screen shots.

> and u had used some library called VIM , idont know it , so iam also take to
> have a look over it .

VIM is vi improved (the unix text editor). It can serve as another
implementation reference.

> ok boss ;-) i will make it , iam currently working on some of it , but ihad
> found some API ( GetGlyphOutline, GetGlyphIndices) and the latter works only
> on 2000 .
>
> any way dont worry just make order and i will take it .

Order : figure out how we can use these APIs :)

> the glosssary will be available at staurday , and i will send it to u to
> make any reviews and comments .
> did u want it text or html file .

text please.

Regards,