Re: Arabic & emacs

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:40:04 +0900 (JST)
 TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas m17n org> wrote:

> Our superiors have already agreed to release the software
> and signed on the paper.  Now it is in the hands of bureaucrats.
> I think (hope) it will be released within a month.
>
> I am very sorry for the bureaucracy, but now we are close to
> the goal.  Thank you very much for your patience.

Greetings again,

Having looked over the recent proceedings from the m17n2000
conference in which Bidi took a front seat,

  http://tsukuba.m17n.org/m17n2000_all_but_registration/welcome.en.html

I'm now more eager than ever to get my hands on the code :-)
Any progress on when to expect a public release ?

Anything arabeyes.org can do to propel this effort forward ?

BTW: how does the code you have in your possession relate to the
     work taking place on the 'emacs-bidi' mailing-list (considering
     its been extremely quiet of late) ?

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/emacs-bidi/

Best Regards,