Re: Fwd: Bidi In Konsole

On Saturday 04 May 2002 21:11, Meni Livne wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Konsole that shipped with KDE 3.0 had bidi support in it, but they're
> planning to drop bidi from it in KDE 3.1, since its implementation is too
> broken.
>
> Does anybody know of any terminal that handles bidi well enough, and how it
> is done there? I've seen some recent discussion about mlterm, though I
> never tried it myself. How is it with bidi text writing and selection?
> Perhaps Konsole could use mlterm's implementation...?

Hi Meni,
  Well mlterm uses fribidi for bidi support (http://fribidi.sf.net) it would
be great to have konsole implemeting fribidi to have bidi ..
Infact I am using konsole with KDE3 and it fails to do arabic .. don't know
why .. doesn't it use QT3 widgets ?
Anyhow .. off topic, what happened to the QT message wrap issue, do you know
it did reach ? it is quite effecting KDE an Arabic ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi