Re: Compiling Katoob

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 20:48, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
    Hi all,

    Finally I checked out the arabeyes CVS today to have a look.  I
    compiled a full gtk-2.0.3 without any serious problem.  Then I
    started to compile katoob, which I found I'm going to have lots
    of troubles:

    	* The first is that the new gtk and friends (pango, glib,
    ...), use pkg-config, and there is no gtk-config-2.0 anymore, so
    the configure for katoob nagged about an old verison of gtk-2.0,
    what I did to fix it was copying an old gtk-config-2.0 and hack
    it to work for the new one.
that's strange i know about pkg-config,
where did you install pkg-config, gtk, tec.......
-prefix= ??
is the dir where you installed pkg-config in your path ?
"on my system it's in /usr/bin"
there is an environmental variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH it should point to
where the gtk+2.0.pc is installed

    	* The next problem was with 2 unresolved autoconf symbols
    BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL and INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX which were
    used in intl/makefile.in, what I did was adding following files
    in configure.in and then running autoconf:

    	BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL=yes
    	AC_SUBST(BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL)
    	INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX=l
    	AC_SUBST(INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX)
the gettext portion of the makefiles is the most stupid part. don't ask
me how i made them done

    	* Another problem arised with libtool, it seems that the
    package needs libtool (the error was so), but not libtoolized,
    what I did was:

    	- run libtoolize.
    	- copy libtool and ltconfig from some other project.
    	- add one line containing AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in configure.in
    and rerun autoconf.

sure you'll need libtool if you decide to use the included gettext

    After all these the compilation went somehow smooth, but when I
    tried to run it, I got following errors, which this time I really
    don't know how to cope with:

do you have a .gtk2rc file in your home directory ?
it looks like an issue with the fonts

was you able to run any gtk2 application also ?

    And I really don't know what to do :(.

    Also I may be of some use if have commit access to arabeyes CVS.

that's for mo. elzubeir ;)

--
-- Uniball @ DALnet