Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: emacs-bidi updated (2002-07-17)

Nadim Shaikli writes:

> The 'composition-lock-mode' doesn't seem to work any
> longer for Arabic, could someone please confirm.

Confirmed.  Arabic letters are not connected when you open a file.

Kenichi Handa writes:

> Then, it seems that Arabic text is displayed correctly.

Only when you type Arabic letters using quail.  (That is why I did
not notice such a serious bug.)

Conclusion:
If you input Arabic text using a keyboard, comp-lock works fine.  If
you open a file, comp-lock does not work.

Possible cause:
Recent changes in font-lock.el.

Workaround:
Replace lisp/font-lock.el[c] with the ones in 21.2.

It seems that in 21.3.50 font-lock is disabled in fundamental-mode,
text-mode, etc.  If you open an Arabic file and change the major mode
to c-mode, emacs-lisp-mode, etc. than letters are connected correctly.

We are working on it.  Stand by.

--
TAKAHASHI Naoto
ntakahas at m17n dot org