Re: eDara - more detail

i'm colunteer for this :  admin and  cookie management, security, passwords, eDara install script, and any module, i'll do the calendar one :). i've checked the 2links u have given, the first it's okay and phpgroupware doesn't wrk at all !! the api return a fatal error (i'm checking sources from sourceforge, since donwload page doesn't wrk too):

 Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createobject() in /home/phpgroupware/http/demo/phpgwapi/inc/class.nextmatchs.inc.php on line 38

  Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> a écrit :

Now that a few people have shown interest in wanting to work on
'eDara' - let me share a bit more info (once work begins, we'll
try not to spam internal communication on the 'developer' list,
unless global issues come up :-)

So far the following people have shown serious interest,

- Mohammed Yousif
- Hatem Ben
- Baher Badr
- any interest --> Osama Alassiry & Hicham Amaoui ??? :-)

and it sounds like PHP is the likely choice (this needs to be
finalized - note in terms of supervisory help or direction
Mohammed.Elzubeir knows PHP, whereas I'm familiar with perl --
don't let that sway you in either direction, simply stating facts)

Suggested Procedure:

1. Finalize on PHP vs. perl (those doing the work should decide)

2. Read the NOTES file in
http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/edara/

3. Familiarize yourself with the project page (its YOUR page)
http://www.arabeyes.org/projects/edara.php

4. ** THIS IS A MUST **
Run through the online demos for both (create accounts & login),
www.epiware.com
www.phpgroupware.org

5. eDara will require the following modules and responsibilities,

a. Someone responsible for the admin and layout of the pages -
cookie management, security, passwords, etc.
b. Someone responsible for the tasks/todo module
c. Someone responsible for the volunteers-db module
d. Someone responsible for the calendar module

The order of importance is as is noted above (a, b, c, d).
The order of difficulty (hardest to easiest) is as follows
(d, b, a, c).

NOTE: The someone noted above could all be one person :-)

I'm not sure how you guys would like to divide up the work (I'd
suggest finalizing on who will work on this and then emailing
each other in private to settle things).

Let me know if you guys have more questions - as noted we have a
very clear idea of how this should be done and it will be FUN to
have it worked upon and completed soon :-)