Re: U+3000 limit

I have been studyinga all day, and its already late in that time zone! May be I am talking crap

but I know that the latest Sharp PMT=PDA  uses QTopia with no Xfree86 as its the embeded one, and Berlin also got rid of X, can't that be the way to go forward, espically qt has i18l support natively?!

as I said I might be talking crap! sorry is so

  Moe Elzubeir <elzubeir at cobaf dot coba dot unt dot edu> wrote:

Hello,

I have been looking into the U+3000 limit and how the 10x20 font is
being truncated to save memory space.

The following links are in reference to what I'm talking about:

http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/i18n/2001-September/002448.html
http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2002/January/msg00016.html

Seeing that I know _nothing_ about the internals of XFree86, I would
really appreciate alllllllllll the pointers you can offer. Ranging from
pieces of code that affect this to documents and papers that can help.

This 'truncation' of the 10x20 for 'optimization' is seriously hampering
our efforts to bring Arabic support on platforms where XFree86 runs.

Thank you.
Mohammed Elzubeir