fribidi question

Salam,
Akka 1.0 is really close, one issue is left before I announce the public
testing phase.
All but one bugs I am aware of are fixed, endian-related issues aside
which I will fix as soon as I get my hands on a GNU/Linux x86, all
functionalities scheduled for version 1.0 are now in and running.

The bug is in computing the cursor position when approximating bidi
(yes, bidi approximation was finally included and Akka has become a very
extended superset of Acon).

I am using fribidi to approximate the bidi algorithm on a console.
There is something that escapes me though. My understanding was that in
the reordering function
void
     fribidi_log2vis(/* input */
                     FriBidiChar *str,
                     int len,
                     FriBidiCharType *pbase_dir,
                     /* output */
                     FriBidiChar *visual_str,
                     gint16      *position_L_to_V_list,
                     gint16      *position_V_to_L_list,
                     gint8       *embedding_level_list
                     )
the last element of position_L_to_V_list would give the position of the
last element in the visual string visual_str output. It seems I got it
wrong.
Please someone indicate me how the cursor position computation is done,
or at least, how the last character of the logical string can be located
in the visual string.

Thanks,
Chahine