Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

Alegeria, Libya, Tunisia, and Moroco I believe uses Arabic digits, check the locale it shoud be defined in there!

  Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:

Salam ..

Mohammed Yousef Said:
> but always remember that we are not working to make this keyboard layout
> Microsoft compatible , we do just what we think is right and comfortable
> for all of us , (Microsoft is not standard to follow afterall)

Please all check this page , first :
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic.html
and look at your arabic keyboard and know which layout you are using

About the Arabic keyboard .. we will NOT create our own keyboard layout, but
we will use the keyboard layout that is most popular, and present in most of
the keyboards of the users, and that happen to be the Microsoft Arabic
keyboard layout .. there is other layouts such as the IBM one which is
present in the IBM OEM PCs .. but the most common is the MS one and it will
be the standard that we will follow .. we will NOT create new standards while
there is already existing ones ..

About changes in the current keyboard layout, I will cross check the current
keyboard layout with the MS Arabic keyboard, and fix any mistakes ..

> the keyboard layout needs restructuring indeed :)

Agreed..

> but as this keyboard layout is for all of us not only for me, so if isam
> and others agrees with you , I would be happy to change it or you can do it
> yourself
Any changes should be toword adobting the standard, and in this case it is the
Microsoft Arabic Keyboard Layout ..
see :
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic.html

> about the numbers , if you type an arabic letter and type a number after it
> , it will Hendi number (Which we want it to be) but if you type an english
> letter and a number after it , it will be an arabic letter (Which we don't
> need)

funny .. we stick to using the Hindi digits, while the world uses the Arabic
digits .. By the way, I noticed that KDE does not do Hindi digits .. I hope
I am right ( I hate the Hindi digits)

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi